Sunday, July 23, 2006

Kelemen Disinformation Continues

Michele Kelemen continues to be a spokesperson for Secretary of State Rice. This morning she tells us that Rice will be "frank" with the Israelis insisting on details of when they will finish in Lebanon and that she will "continue" to urge restraint. In an unbelieveable statement she says that she will urge restraint because of the potential for a "catastrophic" incident. I thought Kelemen might say due to the horrors of the Israeli assault, or due to the likely blowback from this current war against civilians, or more cynically a concern for image or perceptions. What does Kelemen mean by a "catastophic" event? Can you imagine US highways, bridges, trucks, towns, power plants, civilians being bombed for two weeks with one eighth of the population being internally displaced and then hearing a reporter saying that a "catastrophic" event might happen? What more has to happen? I guess Keleman assumes that a single-target mass killing of dozens or hundreds is the only thing that would be really bad. (photo from Angry Arab).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»