[His] "term is supposed to end in January, but Zelaya is allied with President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela and other left leaning leaders in Latin America that have found ways to change their constitutions to stay in power...."By "found ways", I think Forero means that evil, leftist ploy of free and fair elections.
This morning was even worse. Ignoring the coup government's shooting of unarmed demonstrators (no Neda here), ignoring Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch reports of School of Americas™ style repression, Forero spends almost the entire Monday morning broadcast featuring apologists and supporters of the coup. Here is a sample of statements that Forero made this morning:
- "...here though, rallies, complete with vendors and folk music, celebrate the ouster."
- "...foes justify the coup by pointing to what had been his increasingly friendly alliance with leftists Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. To them it signaled a dark turn."
- "...he says Zelaya would have practically handed over his rule to Chavez."
- "...an almost irrational fear of Chavez had gripped the country and that was what drove lawmakers, the courts, and the military to conspire against Zelaya."
- "...the last straw came late in June."
- "...the first step toward a power grab" [of Zelaya not the coup leaders].