At least Cindy Lou Who - "who was no more than two" - had the good sense to challenge the Grinch with a question as he was stealing her tree, whereas, Poor Lynn Neary on Saturday's weekend edition never questions the utterly sleazy Newt Gingrich as he promotes himself as a visionary Republican man of "new ideas." Not once does Neary raise an objection to Gingrich's assertions, but instead gives him a friendly mike for the following:
- He touts his "Center for Health Transformation which is developing a totally new health based health reform approach to how we think about health reform in America." (That would be his "totally new" basic neoconservative, market-based health care reform.)
- He praises his "American Solutions, the organization which launched the Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less petition drive...repealing the Sarbane-Oxley regulatory bill...moving towards a zero capital gains and 12% corporate income tax rate strategy for economic growth..." (Neary has nothing to say about the nonsense of Drill Here, Drill Now or any mention of Newt's anti-environmental agenda.)
- Gingrich claims that Democrats have an attitude toward business that tries "to harass it and destroy it."
- Of Detroit's demise, he blames "the current Democratic politics of Detroit [which] have been a disaster for the human beings..." (And I thought the history of Detroit was a bit more complicated).
- Gingrich claims he (and the new Republican party) will be "willing to go out and actually represent everyone everywhere." (Except for non-Christians and evil secularists).